- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
Mix first four ingredients until smooth. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry mushrooms, pepper, water chestnuts and ginger until pepper is crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir broth mixture and add to pan with green onions; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes.
Stir in chicken and cashews; heat through. Serve with rice.